PROCEDURES & PROTOCOLS
THE NEW OBF GYMS EXPERIENCE!
At OBF Gyms, ensuring the health and safety of our clients, team, and community remains our top priority.
WE BELIEVE IT IS OUR RESPONSIBILITY TO PROVIDE A SAFE, SANITIZED, AND COMFORTABLE TRAINING ENVIRONMENT FOR ALL.
We take our role as members of our communities seriously and want to provide our clientele with the procedures and protocols we have put in place that guarantee a safe training environment. As we continue to navigate the COVID-19 pandemic, we remain committed to doing everything necessary to help flatten the curve. In doing so, we wanted to share the decisions we have implemented during these extraordinary times.
Being that we already see clients by appointment only, being able to adhere to that guideline will be very easy for us as we reopen. Based on the guidelines provided of one person per 144 square feet, at our busiest times, we already fall well within those numbers in terms of capacity. Spacing between people in the gym will be six feet apart at minimum, except when personal trainers are working directly with their clientele. In doing so, all trainers will be wearing masks during your training session. We are going to monitor our space more intensely to ensure physical distancing is observed.
WE WILL ENGAGE IN TOUCHLESS GREETINGS AND GOODBYES, AS WE WILL NOT BE SHAKING HANDS OR HUGGING AT THIS TIME.
PREPARING FOR YOUR APPOINTMENT:
- When you arrive to either our Downtown or Upper Beaches locations, arrive no more than 5 minutes before your booked session, as designated waiting areas will not be available during the initial stages of our reopening.
- On entering the gyms, please ensure that you give the person in front of you 6 feet distance so they can enter the space first. You can follow them right after while adhering to the 6 feet distance.
- Follow the entrance procedures as seen below in our Arriving at Your Appointment section.
- To remain mindful of the environment; we are kindly asking clients to bring a reusable mask from home if you feel the need to wear one in order to limit the amount of waste from disposable masks used. However, we understand that wearing a mask may not be possible during training, and that’s where physical distancing comes in handy.
- Arrive in clean clothing, with your training gear and your own water bottle as we won’t be providing glassware for the time being.
- Attend your sessions alone. Friends, family members, children will be asked to stay home.
*** TREATMENT SERVICES WILL BE AVAILABLE JUNE 1st.
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO BOOK A TREATMENT AT OUR UPPER BEACHES LOCATION, PLEASE CONTACT firstname.lastname@example.org. ***
ARRIVING AT YOUR APPOINTMENT:
- When you enter the gym, you will need to go through our entrance procedures.
- On entering, stand in front of our Temperature Screening System. The device will scan and recognize whether or not you have an elevated temperature, signaling a possibility of fever. If you scan green, please enter the facility. If you screen red this will indicate fever and you will not be permitted entry for the safety of staff and fellow gym patrons.
- Please disinfect your hands upon arrival using the sinks in the washrooms and/or hand sanitation stations provided at reception. It is advised to wash hands with clean water and soap for a minimum of 20 seconds.
- Outside food and/or drinks with the exception of water bottles will not be permitted in the gym. Please bring your own water bottle as we will not be providing glassware for the time being.
- Please do not leave any items at the gym, they will be removed each day.
AFTER YOUR APPOINTMENT:
- Although we know that clients love to stick around after their workouts to chat with one of the staff, our front desk or their friends, we do ask to be mindful of the space and the need for us to keep our gyms within the guidelines for the time being. Please head home within 10 minutes after your workout or treatment.
- Ensure that you and your trainer have scheduled your sessions for the week so that there’s no miscommunication or error in appointment timing.
- We have taken extra precautions and have put added rigorous cleaning measures in place in addition to daily professional cleaning. Our trainers will spend 5 minutes at the end of every workout wiping down every piece of equipment used and any commonly touched surfaces with disinfectant. We also ask the clients to take part in this not only after their workouts, but to do so after they are done with the equipment that they just used. With that being said…
WE HAVE MANDATED THAT ALL STAFF MEMBERS:
- Wear a mask whenever dealing with clientele or unable to maintain physical distancing.
- Wear disposable gloves whenever handling towels, dishes or cleaning high touch surfaces.
- Wash their hands, before, and after every appointment.
- Clean and disinfect all equipment with disinfectant, before and after every appointment.
- Sanitize/wash their hands throughout the service if they change tools or step away from their station at any time.
- Stay home if they are sick and/or not feeling well.